Friday, May 25, 2012

The beginnings of The Garden 2012 project!

I'm sooo excited about my garden.  (like always!) I am trying some new things along with the old standbys!  I truly do enjoy all parts of my garden.  Beginning with planning it, which includes choosing all the fun seeds, drawing it out and waiting for the weather to change!  Then my hubby gets it all tilled up and ready for me to plant. This year I went and got a flatbed load of chicken poop!  My wonderful husband and helpful little boys spread and raked the stinky stuff for me and got it all tilled in.  The soil looks amazing!!!  Then comes the planting part, which my helper and I had fun doing.  Now I'm waiting for the transplants to take off and for the seeds to sprout.  Soon enough the weeding part will come, not my favorite, but I still enjoy being out in the garden!  And then finally will come the harvest...THE BEST PART!!! 

Here's what I have so far:

First I have my plan.
Then my beautiful dirt, courtesy of before mentioned husband and sons.
Gotta have some tunes on planting day.

Then a very fun helper.

Can't forget the sunscreen, especially for the shirtless helper! hehe!!
And I'm so excited about my new plant markers that my dad helped me make this year.
That's all I have for now, but I am hoping to keep the garden updates more often this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment